Friday, January 14, 2011

The Facts of Life

Being a child of the 80s I loved the television show "The Facts of Life". Being a bit of a tomboy myself, my favorite character was Jo and probably least favorite, although most entertaining was Blair. I had the neat opportunity Tuesday evening to hear Blair or Lisa Whelchel speak at a Ladies Night Out event at the Riverbend Retreat Center. Lisa shared a bit of her testimony about how she became a Christian at 10 years old and how she believes that kept her from falling to the perils of doom that so many child actors fall to. She said we are all made with a a hole inside us and it can only be filled by God. Those who don't find him, or accept him often spend a lifetime trying to fill that hole with a multitude of other things. Her style of speaking was very informal and it almost felt like we were just a big group of women having coffee together. I really enjoyed it.

We've had some very cold weather in our part of the world this week, and for the record I'm not much for cold weather. Bring on Spring.... I'm getting a little bit of cabin fever. I'm ready to be out in my flower beds and garden. I don't think I'd ever do well in places that truly have a winter!

So, as for now, I think I'll go clean out a closet or something so that when spring is finally here, my spring cleaning will be complete and I can play outside!

Until next time...

No comments: