Saturday, January 8, 2011

Beautiful Morning

Kyle and I got up early this morning and after some coffee from the Keurig (I love my Christmas present) we headed to the church to pick up trash along the section of highway our church adopted years ago. We had a pretty good turn out, so it only took about an hour to clean up our section. If you've ever picked up trash along the highway, it sure makes you despise people who litter. We finished off our morning with breakfast burritos from Lupe's and then came home to find the girls up and watching television.

I'm getting the Jones to start running again. Last spring I injured my foot and things just having been right with it since. Every time I'd think it was healed and I would run the top would just ache. I know I should have gone to the Dr., and Kyle thinks I probably broke one or more of the tiny bones in the top of my foot, but I didn't. I guess Mom's are just stubborn that way... but, since boxing up my Christmas decorations and hauling them up to the attic made me so winded, I realize I'm not in the shape I used to be and I need to get back to running. Plus, since that big #40 birthday almost two years ago, things just aren't the same! I guess it's the metabolic slow down of middle age. I know my birthdate says I'm middle aged, but in my mind I'm still about 20.

We're expecting some really cold weather this weekend. I would love one snow this year, then I'm ready for spring. Green grass, suntans, swimming... that's how I love it. We're starting to plan our summer vacation. For years we've vacationed in Playa del Carmen, Mexico, but with all the drug cartel garbage going on, we haven't gone there the last two summers an instead spent on in South Padre Island and last summer skipped the vacation because of Kyle's knee surgery and us building a new office. I need sand and sun this summer. We've been looking at package deals from Grand Caymen and St. Kitts. Both places look beautiful, and as long as there is a beach, the kids will love it. Kacie loves lobster and one of her favorite things was the seafood night at the resort we always stayed in. She and I did our best to completely founder on lobster and shrimp. Glad my kids will try almost anything.

I'm reading a great book on my Kindle by Kay Arthur. She is an incredibly gifted Bible teacher and I've done a few of her Bible studies, but this is the first book I've ready by her. It's called When Hurt Runs Deep and it's very good. I'm not far into it, but it's basically saying that God is Awesome. We don't know what he's doing. He has a plan. We have to trust it. I know through my trials it has always proven to be true. No matter how awful various situations seemed at the time, once I got to the other side of them, God was glorified and it made a little more sense. We have to reap the blessings channeled through adversity.

Hope you all have a blessed weekend! It's a three day weekend for our kids!


No comments: