Thursday, October 8, 2009

This week is flying by - again...

Our schools are having higher absences than normal for this time of year. The flu is in full swing, as well as a few stomach bugs. We're hoping to avoid them at all costs. All of our hands are raw from hand sanitizer. I'm really not a germ freak, but I've been preaching to the girls about washing, washing and sanitizing. We've had our regular flu shots, and I'm not sure if we'll get the H1N1 shot because it sounds like it will be in short supply.

When I picked Kacie up from school on Monday she was so excited - screaming to the point of me almost not being able to understand her. She'd pulled a tooth at school and was VERY proud of herself. The thing that grossed me out was that a couple of her friends helped her wiggle it. I just hope they were freshly sanitized.... LOL.. that is just gross. Yesterday when I picked her up, she'd pulled another tooth. She is now missing all four top front teeth. She tells me her corn on the cob days are over for a while.

Report cards come out today and due to wonderful technology, I already know the girls both made straight As for the first six weeks. I find it amazing that I can go online and check the teacher's grade book, and that I get an email notification every time Kylie takes an AR test.

It's laundry day in Everettville, so better get at it...

Until next time...

No comments: