Tuesday, October 13, 2009

School, Bible Study & Anointing....


Kylie seems to be on the mend so she went to school this morning and I haven’t heard from her, so that’s a good sign. She’s been over 36 hours with no fever/no meds, so I’m hoping she’s on the mend. I think I’ll keep her home from dance class today just so she can get to bed early and have a good supper. I don’t want a relapse of whatever this bug is.

Had a great Bible study this morning. I’m facilitating a study on the life of David at our church on Tuesday mornings. This is the same study we did at my house this summer and I’m looking forward to doing it again. It’s amazing how you can have such different insights when you do the same study with a different group of ladies. This morning was awesome and we had about an hour long deep discussion of all things spiritual. It was great and I really look forward to next week.

One of the things from this morning that struck me was thinking about the life of David. He was anointed king at the young age of 15. You’d think after an anointing like that, he’d be “majestic” from that point forward… but he wasn’t. The very next day, after his anointing, he was doing as he did the day before. Taking care of the sheep. Doing a menial job. Doing what he’d always done. Nothing grand, regal, or majestic. Just tending the sheep. But God was starting a work in him. I like to think all that time alone with nothing but the animals and nature prepared him for such great things later in his life. Nobody documented in the Bible “messed up” more than David. But David had a solid as a rock relationship with his God that could not be shaken. Sometimes David fell hard, landing flat on his face in repentance. And God never let David fall from his hand. If you’re a Christian, you’ve been anointed. God has a calling on your life. I think sometimes we tend to focus on things grand… missing what is right before our eyes. Our calling isn’t necessarily big or even titled. Our calling is to surrender to Him, and to please Him. We can start in our own back yard….

No comments: